Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Last Day of Summer

It was a very sunny day in the year 2009 in the small town Rosebush. Ten year old Rose was sitting in her house with her eleven year old brother Peter. They were both very sad.

After breakfast Rose and Peter talked, “I am so sad it’s the last day of summer.” Rose sighed. “I know I’m sad too.” Peter responded. Rose wondered. “What are we going to do now?” “I don’t know.” Peter thought. “I have an idea for what we can do.” Rose excitedly said. “What?” Peter asked. “We can be rock stars.” Announced Rose. “Sure we can rock the house.” “Yep we can rock the house.” Rose repeated excitedly after Peter. “But what are we going to use for instruments.” Rose sighed again. “I think I could ask my old friend down town.” “Ok.” Rose giggled. “Let’s go together so we can both pick our instruments.” Rose replied. “I wonder how many instruments she has?” Peter wondered.

As Peter and Rose walked down the street they came upon a blue house. “This is it!” Peter told Rose. “Lets go inside” Rose gulped. As Peter opened the door, Rose was amazed “Wow.” Rose said as she dropped her mouth open she stared at all the instruments on the walls and ceiling.

“Hi.” said a voice, it was Marry. “Hi.” Peter whispered shyly. “Can we borrow some instruments?” Rose pleaded. “Sure.” Agreed Marry. “Pick anyone.” “Thanks” Peter yelled excitedly.

“But how can we pick just one?” Rose wondered. “You’ll just have to feel it.” Marry responded. “Cool.”

“I want the electric guitar.” Peter decided. “O.k.” Said Marry. “I want the flute.” Rose replied. “O.k. Marry excitedly said. “Robot Robo one electric guitar and one flute!”
“Coming up!” Marry yelled to Rose and Peter. Robo beeped as his robotic arms reached for an instrument on the wall.

“Now let’s go.” Peter hurried along. “First we need to invite everyone over.” “I can do that.” Marry responded quickly. “Robo” “Beep.” “Ok Robo lets send letters to everyone in town.” “Hurry.” Marry yelled.

Soon everybody heard the news. They hurried to the town square. Very soon Rose and Peter started to rock the house.

“This is the best day of my life.” Peter excitedly said happily. “I know.” Rose sighed. “Don’t forget to return the instruments.” Peter reminded. “I won’t.” Rose sighed again.

“I knew they would have fun.” Marry whispered as she watched them rock the house. “Beep” Robo beeped. And that’s the story of the last day of summer. The end.

No comments: